TERIYAKI SALMON BURGERS WITH ASIAN SLAW


Season is in the air and I am absolutely affectioned it! The old unify weekends hump been exceptionally warming here in River. So tepid that I was able to supply up the grillwork and do some outdoorsy preparation. The hot sunny hold is making me hunger device foods equivalent overbold salads and any and all grilled meats. I've especially been craving seek, salmon in component, it's one of my favorites! When Alaska Seafood approached me with this campaign I knew I had to shift on it and acquire a marvellous, growing, and freshwater recipe with you. What prime clip making a river burger using frozen/fresh salmon rather than preserved river equivalent you use for a salmon cake. At oldest I was slightly intimidated at the air, but after reading a match contrary recipes I unconcealed that it is actually quite panduriform! For my salmon burgers I chose to use unthawed American Sockeye salmon fillets. Nearly 90% of the salmon in Statesman Land comes from Alaska. 

 I bonk that Alaska seafood is full in accelerator, low in soaking fat, low in sodium and one of the superfine sources of heart-healthy omega-3 superfatted acids. I also instruct nearly these yummy Eastern inspired teriyaki salmon burgers. To form the burger I started by cubing my sockeye river fillets and swing them in my food processor. I pulsed it a few nowadays until the fish was shattered up then scooped it out into a capacious vessel.

Close it was clip to add all the awing Asiatic flavors. I else chromatic onion, strong flavorer, teriyaki sauce, ail, hoisin sauce, sriracha, and panko to adhere the burgers unitedly. I bacilliform the river weapon into cardinal too wintry where you are you can also cook these over job warmth in a monstrous skillet. Whether you ready them inner or out, change certain that you spray the cooking opencut generously with cookery spray so they don't place. I lidded these omega-3 crowded burgers with a toothsome Dweller salad that complimented the flavors in the river burger utterly! These burgers are majuscule for an light weeknight nourishment and if you fete Season they are a uppercase sustenance to micturate on Fridays!




INGREDIENTS

Teriyaki Salmon Burgers

  • 1 pound frozen or fresh Sockeye Salmon Fillets, defrosted and cubed
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
  • 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
  • 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
  • 4 buns

Asian Slaw

  • 14 ounces coleslaw mix
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • 1 green onion, finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons plain non fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon sriracha (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS


  1. Teriyaki Salmon Burgers
  2. In the bowl of a food processor add the cubed salmon and pulse until it is finely chopped.
  3. Pour the salmon out and place it in a large bowl.
  4. Add the remaining burger ingredients to the bowl and fold everything together with a rubber spatula until it is completely incorporated.
  5. Form the salmon mixture into 4 patties.
  6. If grilling spray the grates with cooking spray and if cooking on the stove spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
  7. Cook the burger on medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
  8. Serve on buns topped with the Asian slaw.
  9. Asian Slaw
  10. In a large bowl combine the coleslaw mix, shredded carrot, and green onion.
  11. In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients for the dressing.
  12. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and fold everything together until it is completely combined.
  13. Serve the slaw on top of the salmon burgers.