Caramelized Onion Bacon Spaetzle



 I brought the apple strudel, vegetable salad, and this caramelized onion monastic spaetzle. Erst I was there I realized that I was the only being with European attribute at the array! No one had reliable spaetzle before (eliminate my economise who has had it on a few occasions). I totally cheated and did not micturate my spaetzle from hand. I retributory don't hit that category of push proper now. But I did dilute up a bag of spaetzle to attain it taste homemade.

Our ancestry dear it and was shocked by how tight the spaetzle resembled gnocchi. One day I'l conquer making spaetzle (and gnocchi) from wound. But until then I give have doctoring up a accumulation until I get the time, vitality, and spirit to conquer it.

So if your looking for a new pull containerful to introduce to your house or present an Fete party this caramelized onion and scientist spaetzle is the provide to run up!



Ingredients

  • 5 strips bacon
  • 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup water, divided
  • 1/2 tsp dry parsley
  • 17 oz dry package spaetzle
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • salt and pepper
Directions

  1. In a large skillet, begin to fry the five pieces of bacon on medium heat for 5 minutes until crispy (flip half way through).
  2. Remove the bacon from the skillet (keep all the bacon fat in the skillet) and place the thinly sliced vidalia onions in the pan, mix well and cook on low for 15 minutes. Half way through mix, and add 1/4 cup water. Place lid back on and cook longer. Continue to check every few minutes. Make sure the skillet stays moist and add the additional 1/4 cup of water.
  3. While the onions are caramelizing begin to cook the spaetzle according to the package. Remove once cooked and set to the side.
  4. Chop the bacon into bite size pieces and place back in skillet with the onions, mix well then add the cooked spaetzle to the skillet. season with salt, pepper, dry parsley, and butter. Mix well and serve immediately.