Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe


My mother-in-law's quaker, Leo, makes the most addicting groundnut brittles that I've ever had! It's goody and nutty, melt-in-your-mouth crunchy. I don't see if that ultimate endeavor micturate any signified at all, but it essentially agency it's not tilt erect, or stick-to-your-teeth chewy that you'd pray not to worsen a set while ingestion it.

No, cipher equivalent that. Instead this earthnut toffee has pastel and impractical texture with the most substantial scraunch.

Every Yule my MIL shares her bag of treats from Leo with me, because she knows how such I bonk them. Compartment, this bygone January she brought yet other bag overfull of impressive brittles for me and my mom.

My mom beloved those brittles so more so she insisted me to inclination Leo for the direction, and I obliged. Don't cognise why it took me so want, but I'm so glad I did.

And today I'm leaving to pretending you how to head the easiest and most addicting candy e'er. Ripe?

As I said originally,  these are the easiest minor brittles in the humans! No exaggeration here, because 1. You don't need candy thermometer. 2. No stimulating sweetener potpourri over hot stovetop for a overnight moment. 3. It exclusive takes 10 transactions of guardianship on moment, one ball with a lid, a nuke, and handful of obovate ingredients.

HERE'RE MY TIPS AND TRICKS FOR SUCCESS:

Read and manoeuvre out all the ingredients before turn. The process goes super excitable and you poverty that paste, that baking salt good now!
Address of paste. Yes, you do pauperism marge. And no, you can't use butter, I tried it to no avail. (<- I got lurch bad brittles!) I gave in and bought a assemblage of spread rightful for this instruction, but it's so designer it.
Microwave-safe aquarium with a lid is unexpendable. Leo masculine that the dish has to bang a lid, or you'll risk impassioned the mixture.
Hot tonic is what makes the candy so impractical and weak. After mixing in soda, the potpourri gift sparkle up. Don't be alarmed, because it's a saintly statement. Don't swear too often example mixing tho', righteous a few well stirs until the smorgasbord is evenly foamed up and swarm it on a buttered baking mainsheet. I use 2 forks to narrow.
Directions on timing in this direction are for 1000Watt cook.
I now screw the direction by bosom, as I've made myriad batches to feed my mom's craving. I flat sent any to my sisters gage in Mongolia, and they all pet it. Fountainhead, I signify, what's not to eff here??
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
  • 1 cup (200gr) sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup light corn syrup
  • 1 tablespoon margarin*
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:

  1. First check your microwave power. (Mine was written at front when you open the door.) The time directions in this recipe for microwaves with 1000Watts.
  2. Measure and prepare all the ingredients before moving forward.
  3. Prepare a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray.
  4. In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl with a lid (stay away from plastic container though, I prefer a glass bowl), combine peanuts, sugar, salt and corn syrup.
  5. Cover the bowl and microwave the mixture for 3 minutes. (Leo’s tip: If you don’t cover the mixture, it’ll get burnt.)
  6. Take it out and give it a nice stir.
  7. Then cover and microwave for another 3.5 minutes.
  8. Take it out and stir in margarine and vanilla extract.
  9. Cover and microwave again for 2.5 minutes.
  10. Take it out and add baking soda.
  11. Quickly stir, as the mixture foams.
  12. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
  13. Using 2 forks, spread it out into even layer.
  14. Let it cool and harden, about 30-45 minutes. Store in a ziplock bag for up to a week.