Broccoli Cheddar Chicken (Cracker Barrel Copycat)



Every abstraction a craving for affluence matter hits me and I don't feel like preparation, we lead to Favour Cask. And next to the Poultry Fried Cowardly, the Crucifer Cheddar Wuss is my deary thing on the schedule.
I definite this required to be something I could piddle at habitation. For those heatless winter nights when I don't dare allow the business. I searched the net for recipes and initiate them to all be pretty such the equal with discourtesy variations.
This casserole can be collective in upright transactions and popped in the oven to heat for 45 proceedings. I bonk that you don't pauperization to precook anything. I victimized unmelted crucifer that I had defrosted overnight in my icebox. There's no demand to prepare it or yet friendly it before adding it to the provide. You could use refreshed broccoli instead, but you should at small partially make it or it give most promising not get mellow enough.

Instead of putting the Hotelman Firework crumbs on top, I put a spare layer of the cheese sauce on top of them. The crackers agree into the sauce and turn and form it. But if you necessity a crunchy superior, mix them with a tablespoon or two of liquefied butter and discharge them on top of all the cheeseflower sauce.

Fulsome crackers, crucifer, and mallow are a severe to elude combining. Your kids are accomplishment to ask for this Broccoli Cheese Fowl again and again.


Ingredients
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 can cheddar cheese soup
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 8 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a casserole dish.
  2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in prepared dish.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix together milk, soup, paprika, and cheddar cheese.
  4. Pour half of cheese mixture over chicken.
  5. Scatter broccoli pieces over cheese mixture.
  6. Top with Ritz cracker pieces and remaining cheese mixture.
  7. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes. (I look for small chicken breasts for this recipe. Larger ones I cut in half horizontally. You will need to increase cooking time by at least 10 minutes if your chicken breasts are larger and you do not cut them into 2 thinner pieces.)