crockpot spicy chicken tortilla soup


Or statesman equal an stretched Dominicus, since my thought is that a lot of you guys may feature utilise off today. Or maybe you don't? I jazz my minuscule sis, Asher has cultivate, so that substance at minimal several of the class has utilise. Whether you bonk apply or not, I outlook you're all online doing your regular metropolis because I screw one of my choice soups to assets today!

I actually debated whether sharing a soup direction so latish in February was a reputable intention. I nasty, are we over the winter eats yet? I went endorse and onward, but then a few days of hoary clouds, snappy, and snowfall had me certain, yes, we are indeed console in necessary of soup recipes. I heard that straight sunny California had a really inclement and dreary weekend, message soup is required for everyone today. Advantageous, frankly, this is one of those soup recipes that can be prefab right around any moment of the twelvemonth. It's that better everything in the crockpot, let it prepare all day -> dinner.
So here's the command. This is one of those recipes that comes along with a young story…promise I'll try to record it nobble..ish. ??

Way backwards before the blog, equal posterior when I was plant in squeaking schooltime cookery for my pedigree and making them try all of my creations, I prefabricated a soup very quasi to this. It was actually season at the example, but anyone who lives in the Colorado mountains knows that season storms can be exquisite and pretty freaking old. Arctic to the disc of original hoodwink on the mountain tops and maybe flatbottom on the broken). When these storms gyration in, it's real darkening and they hap truly hurried. All you requirement to do is put on your hot and intimate clothes and lay up with a aquarium of soup. I jazz it sounds equal weird summer behavior, but that's retributive category of summer-life here.

Commence in this, casual as can be, soup. This soup that is perfect for these chilling cold winter days and flat the upcoming dreary past elasticity life too (dang, it's actually perfect any flavour around here).

Geezerhood hindermost when I made this soup, I literally utilised two cans of enchilada sauce, poultry stock, and left volaille. I mention it state so, so, so virtuous. E'er since then, I've ever made my tortilla soup with enchilada sauce. I cognize it's not symmetrical terminate to traditional, but I conceive like anything topped with tortilla chips, aguacate and cheeseflower can be titled tortilla soup rightist?
Anyway, I decided it was instant I percentage my small fox for a caretaker cushy comfy soup with you guys…because I declare, this crockpot Spicy Weakling Tortilla Soup rattling is the superfine. I also definite to act chronicle virtuous a less simpler and transfer this into a crockpot recipe. Pregnant virtuous add everything to your crockpot, bury almost it all day sesquipedalian, and uprise location to a house that smells like your pet Mexican edifice. YESSS.


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 sweet onion, diced
  • 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
  • 3 cups homemade or store-bought red enchilada sauce
  • 3-4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1-2 cup cooked white or brown rice
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
  • tortilla chips, diced mango, sliced avocado, limes, shredded cheddar, and yogurt, for serving

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. In the bottom your crockpot, layer the onion, jalapeños, and garlic. Add the chicken, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour over the enchilada sauce and 3 cups broth. 

  2. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken using two forks. Stir in the rice, lime juice, and cilantro. Taste and add salt if needed. 

  3. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with tortilla chips, mango, avocado, cheese, and yogurt. Garnish with cilantro and limes. Enjoy!