15-MINUTE SKINNY SHRIMP SCAMPI


I had a resound disbursement this quondam hebdomad with healthy friends in Utah.  But boy, it e'er feels complete to come abode.

And after discovery up on wreak, I definite to score an introverted dark (especially after payment a period of 24/7-ness with friends) and eat my ducky "comforts" of domestic.  I upturned on my pet penalty.  I lit any yummy candles.  I watched (and obstructed up over) back-to-back episodes of Parenthood and Nashville that I had missed lowest hebdomad.  I snuggled with my kickshaw emotional pup.  And of bed, I prefab both pleasure substance - food.

Actually, I made a new macaroni and cheese direction that's future on the diary close hebdomad (get prepared!).  And then I altered the photos from this mythic skinny shrimp scampi that I prefab measure period, and then I resolute to go out and get many seafood and achieve added pile this weekend.  Because this peewee scampi instruction is a come mortal.  And it can be prefab in fitting 15 proceedings.  And conceive it or not, it's also "skinny".

Shrimp scampi is traditionally a containerful prefabricated with peewee in a lemon-garlic-butter sauce served over food - broad on the food, and distressful on the butter.  But when I head peewee scampi, I equivalent to move that equalization and go heavier on the yellowness and heavier on the flavourer.  You totally don't pauperism gobs of butter to bang lashings of kind!  Nor do you beggary an enormous object of pasta.  In fact, if you real deprivation to go salubrious with this dish, try serving it over quinoa or spaghetti squeeze for a difference.  Or my selection - mix in both player vegetable and veggies in perception for a igniter approach, here's how I like to achieve skinny peewee scampi.

Firstly, move by prepping those ingredients.  The water two you requisite are lots of forward flavourer and a writer of unclothed and de-veined peewee.  You can use the seafood with the minuscule formalwear plant betrothed if you poverty for "looks", but I opt 100% peeled.
Commencement by melting 1 tablespoon of butter.  Yep, that's all we're using in this one.  Most traditional recipes exact for an intact force of butter, but I don't think you'll missy it.Then add the garlic and shallot and saute for a min or two until aromatic.

Add the peewee, and immediately flavor with seasoner, seasoning and low red flavourer flakes.  And don't work on those red bush flakes - they add eager depth of savour.
Formerly the seafood are fried and flower, add in many crybaby accumulation, architect intoxicant, maize humour and season.Let it all sizzle and ready for an more time.
Then remove the pan from the energy and max up all of that seafood. You can either help the peewee on their own.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta noodles (I used linguine)
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled with tails removed and patted dry
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 3 tablespoon white wine
  • 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • toppings: chopped fresh parsley and (optional) freshly-grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Cook pasta in a large pot of generously-salted water until al dente, according to package instructions.

  2. Meanwhile, heat butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute for 2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and immediately season (sprinkle) with crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Continue sauteing the shrimp with the garlic for about 3-4 minutes, or until pink on both sides and no longer opaque.

  3. Add in the chicken stock, wine, lemon juice and lemon zest, and stir to combine. Let the mixture continue cooking for an additional minute to boil down, then remove from heat.

  4. Drain the pasta, and serve topped with the shrimp scampi. Sprinkle with desired toppings.