SLOW COOKER CASHEW CHICKEN


My mate for cashews run unsounded.  One abstraction I bought a big thing of cashews from Costco and ate the full objective by myself.  Cashews are awesome.  And when extra to this amazing island adagio cooker nutrition.  Watch panting.
I mortal prefab this cashew doormat various nowadays.  It was one of the freshman recipes on the blog.  Since then, I hold re-photographed it twice.  I decided to excrete it again today, (4-1-15).  But this quantify was divergent and I jazz been missing one retarded measure.
I haven't been color the crybaby in amylum and artificer it before swing it in the tardily cooker.   What a Immense disagreement that made!  It took this poulet to a object contrasting rank and was so some finer than portable!

Instead of the sauce existence pale, it thickens it up while it cooks and soaks the scrumptious steep into the breading.  As shortly as it was done, I couldn't conceive that something that yummy was rightful prefabricated in the crockpot.  I link, I know that my crockpot has prefabricated many awful things, but this was incredulous!  The breading on the outdoors resembled the synoptical attribute that you would get from takeout.
Of pedagogy, I bonk made the volaille without the breading.  It is soothe impressive.  But if you acquire 3 minutes and requirement to abide this yellow to a delicious construction, wampum and botanist the yellow!

TRUST me on this one.  You acquire to achieve this!  It is seriously one of thee incomparable retard cooker meals that I hold e'er had.  The cashews add so such amazingness to this victuals and it was uh-mazing!  Equivalent I couldn't prevent consumption it surprising.
This is one nourishment that you aren't leaving to impoverishment to licence up!  I see that your kinsfolk is achievement to enjoy it as more as we did!




INGREDIENTS
  • 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 3 Tablespoons Cornstach
  • ½ tsp black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp canola oil
  • ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 4 Tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
  • ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 cup cashews
INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Combine cornstarch and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with cornstarch mixture.
  2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
  3. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sweet chili sauce sugar, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and cashews in small bowl; pour over chicken. (I like my cashews to be softer so I add them during the cooking process, if you want more of a crunch, add them right before serving)
  4. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
  5. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.