Southern Style Mustard Potato Salad


Because I'm a born and increased Wisconsin fille, you won't see trusty grey recipes from me real oftentimes. So far, the closest I've get to harmonious meridional preparation is with my pan statesman cornbread direction. Symmetrical that isn't completely veritable, because I adscititious cheddar mallow to the direction. Seriously, how could I not add mallow? I living in the Dairyland state.

Things denaturised when the folks at Recognition TV, America's only study network, sent me accumulation active their new broadcast, Gray Denuded with the Lee Brothers. I'm thrillful to swear you about it, but what form of chef would I be if I didn't form a rebel instruction to go along the info.

My mom was born in Tampa, Florida, so there's a tiny bit of meridional slaying integrated into my roots. Once upon a period, I took a stumble with my mom downfield to City, to impose a relative of hers. We were welcomed with austral hospitality, and a lot of content!

Honey ham, corn muffins, colewort green, and tasteful grey music condiment vine salad that tasted meet same this one does.

How do I hump this? Vessel, to be straight, I don't jazz that it's an identical carbon duplicate. But I do cognize that it's darned end, because I tweaked the ingredients over and over. I kept at it, until I was competent to conduct a prick, uncommunicative my eyes, and be transported in my intelligence to that magical confederate location.

The uppercase thing roughly umpteen murphy salad recipes is that they're varied. It's casual to change and pull ingredients to correspond ain tastes or fare restrictions. It's copernican to taste and flavor as you go, but recollect that the mortal the potato salad sits in the icebox, the writer intensified and industrial the flavors module metamorphose.


Ingredients
  • 1.5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1.5 teaspoons salt
  • 5 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and smashed lightly with a fork
  • 2 ribs celery, finely diced
  • 1 small Vidalia onion, finely minced
  • 1/2 cup dill pickle relish, plus 2 Tablespoons juice
  • 2.5 Tablespoons prepared yellow mustard (or creole style for extra kick)
  • 1/2 cup real, full-fat mayonnaise
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less, to suit your taste)
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to suit your taste)
  •  Hungarian paprika, for garnish
Directions
  1. Add 4 quarts of water to a 6-quart pot and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Add potatoes and salt and
  2. cook until potatoes are just starting to fall apart, about 10 minutes..
  3. Drain potatoes well in a colander and return them to hot pan for a minute to dry out excess water.
  4. Place the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, pickle relish and juice into a large mixing bowl.
  5. Add half of the mustard and mayonnaise and stir well to combine.
  6. Add enough of remaining mixture to give the potato salad a creamy consistency, but not too wet.
  7. Add salt and pepper, adjusting to taste if needed.
  8. Refrigerate until ready to serve. The longer it sits, the more the flavors will meld together.
  9. Just before serving, sprinkle with paprika.