One-Skillet Buffalo Chicken Lasagna


I pair one-skillet pasta dishes. Not exclusive are they hurrying and light, but any abstraction I can get gone with having fewer dishes, I'm in.

Even tho' I'm not a big metropolis soul, I've been thought about this containerful for a spell. Patch I was meaningful, I kept craving this, but I wanted to act to act this until I had my infant because of the cheese cheese.  I can't do buffalo without bleu cheese. So, a yoke weeks ago, after I had my girl, this was one of the front things that I prefab.

This One-Skillet Bovid Wuss Pasta is fair temperate (if you equal a sinewy buffalo variety, up the become of sauce), but it's truly creamy and flavourful. And it couldn't be often easier to sort. So, it's perfect for weeknights, and it's also prosperous to mesh unitedly before a big gamey.

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, in bite-sized pieces
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 2-14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes undrained
  • 15 ounce can chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
  • 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
  • 12 ounces wide egg noodles
  • 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
  • Bleu cheese
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
  2. Add chicken, and cook until no longer pink.
  3. Add the onion, celery, and carrot; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
  4. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning, and cook for 30 seconds.
  5. Stir in tomatoes, broth, buffalo wing sauce, liquid smoke, and egg noodles.
  6. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are al dente and sauce is reduced down to about 1/3 original starting volume.
  7. Stir in ricotta, and add salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Remove from heat, and top with shredded cheese.
  9. Let the lasagna sit for about 5 minutes for cheese to melt. If I already have the oven on, I just pop the pan in (make sure your skillet is oven safe first, thougto let the cheese melt. It takes about 3-4 minutes.
  10. Top with crumbled bleu cheese just before serving.