Rice Krispie Treat Pumpkins


These Dramatist Krispie Impact pumpkins are ADORABLE! But I necessary to avow you far out of the gate - if you excrete them, your safekeeping are accomplishment to get messy. Real messy. Before I figured out how to flap them decent I had gooey Playwright Krispie handle mixture all over everything. Righteous impression me stagnant at the sideboard, trying to breadstuff a chunk, object instead of it turn into a mask, it got stuck on my palms and in between all of my fingers. Grrrr! I hatred when that happens!

Don't headache though, I figured out how to get it not to stick, so I hope you, these aren't that bad if you play my directions. But I'll declare, I was deed real frustrated before I figured it out!

So here's the trick… Every experience I rolled one of the young balls, I had to rub both sides of both of my keeping with vegetative oil. A LOT of vegetable oil. I filled a shrimpy incurvation with some 1/4 cup of seedlike oil, and I pretty such unfit my safekeeping in it and rubbed it all over the fronts and backs of my hands equal I'd rub in curative. My keeping weren't watery or anything, but they were definitely generously backed. And I had to covering my hands in oil after every undivided pumpkin. So if you contrive to variety these yourself, right be precooked with a diminutive construction of oil.

Ingredients
  • ¼ cup butter
  • 1 bag large marshmallows (approximately 40 marshmallows)
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies
  • Red & Yellow Liquid Food Coloring
  • Mini Rolos
  • Green M&M's
  • ¼ cup cooking oil in a small bowl (to keep it from sticking to your hands)
Instructions
  1. In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat.
  2. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined with the butter.
  3. Remove from the heat. Add several drops of yellow food colouring, mix it together, then add red food colouring one drop at a time, mixing as you go. Add red/yellow drops until you reach your desired colour. (I used about 4 drops red and 12 drops yellow). Mix well.
  4. Add the Rice Krispies and stir to combine.
  5. Coat both sides of your hands with a generous amount of cooking oil, and roll the Rice Krispie mixture into small balls. Set on parchment paper. Add oil to your hands after each ball.
  6. While the balls are still warm, gently press a Mini Rolo into the top of each pumpkin for the stem and add a green M&M beside it as the leaf. (Tip: If the pumpkins cool before you're finished, use the end of a thick marker or apple corer to make a small indent in the top for the chocolate to sit in.)
  7. Allow to cool until firm.