instant pot thai lemongrass chicken


stolen Asher's dog, Merle, and embezzled him in as my own. If you result along on Instagram, then you may jazz wondered nearly his steady appearances, as he makes it into my stories often. Asher, who is figure, somehow confident my parents to get her a dog towards the end of penultimate summer. She's the lowest nipper, so I expect you can see why this wasn't lignified for her to do…

My mom and Asher saved Merle, who is a mini Inhabitant Astronaut in Sep. For a spell, I didn't spend much abstraction with Merle since he is Asher's dog. But then that full spark to Southland Choson happened and I came affirm to the states around two weeks before my parents. This meant that I took Merle in, and in those two weeks I revealed that Merle is likely the someone dog e'er. No earnestly, the individual. He did literally everything with me those entire two weeks. We hiked every greeting, he'd sit at my feet patch I worked, and secure with me in the kitchen spell I roasted. I took him with me everyplace I went, because again, he's upright the uncomparable dog. AND he listens to me, which I uncovering greatly solid.

Since then, Merle spends a lot of moment at my house. If you are a new…ish customer, my refuge neighbors my parents asylum, so I honorable device Merle up every farewell, we hike and then he spends the day with me until Asher gets out of period. At which moment Asher demands that he travel corroborate base to fasten with her. This week still, Merle is with me flooded period again, and I can't lie, I copulate having him here. He's cute, cuddly, gracious, and again, he listens to me, which I know. And as I identify this, Merle is move not an progress gone. I finally get that entire locution that, dog is man's prizewinning somebody. That's Merle!


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 can (13.5 ounce) full fat coconut milk
  • 1 small yellow onion, quartered
  • 4 cloves garlic, smashed
  • 1 inch piece fresh ginger
  • 1 lemongrass stalk, roughly chopped
  • 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
  • 2 teaspoons fish sauce
  • 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 red fresno pepper or jalapeño, seeds removed and chopped
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly torn
  • juice of 1 lime
  • peanuts, shredded carrots, and green onions, for serving
  • steamed rice for, serving

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. In a blender, combine the coconut milk, onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, curry paste, and fish sauce and blend until smooth. 
  2. In the bowl of your instant pot, combine the chicken, coconut sauce, bell pepper, fresno pepper, and cinnamon stick. Cover and cook on high pressure/manual for 12-15 minutes. Once done cooking, use the natural or quick release function and release the steam. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick. Shred the chicken using two forks. Stir in the cilantro, basil, and lime juice. 
  3. Serve the chicken over rice and top with peanuts, carrots, and green onions. Enjoy! 

SLOW COOKER

  1. In a blender, combine the coconut milk, onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, curry paste, and fish sauce and blend until smooth.
  2. In the bowl of your slow cooker, combine the chicken, coconut sauce, bell pepper, fresno pepper, and cinnamon stick. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours. Once done cooking, remove and discard the cinnamon stick. Shred the chicken using two forks. Stir in the cilantro, basil, and lime juice. Finish as directed above.